OVERVIEW OF POSITION -
COMMUNITY & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Boulder Healing Hub is a thriving healing arts coworking community that houses self-employed psychotherapists, massage therapists, and various other kinds of holistic health practitioners in a beautiful shared office environment. We are looking for a talented, mature, and outgoing individual who will be the heart and soul of the Hub community, joining us in our collective vision.
Managing the Boulder Healing Hub is a multi-tasking, high people skills, detail-oriented occupation for someone with a positive outlook and an aptitude for organization, hospitality, and marketing. We want an innovative team member who can gracefully and creatively juggle a wide-range of on-site and back office tasks. This is a perfect position for someone who is detail-oriented and technologically savvy, loves people, isn't afraid to get their hands dirty or learn new things, isn't afraid of confrontation and clear communication, can chat with anyone from any background, and loves the world of wellness and new models of collaborative business.
TIME COMMITMENT: 20hrs/week
LOCATION: Working on-site at the Boulder Healing Hub
SCHEDULE: Regular business hours with some flexibility, alternative hours during special events, and on-call availability for emergencies
COMPENSATION: $18/hr for the first 2 months of training then raising to $20/hr. Will consider a higher wage based on qualifications.
what you'll do:
Oversee business operations
- Use management software for on-boarding new members, billing, invoicing, office reservations, etc.
- Maintain continuity and clear communication amongst team members
- Perform general administrative and clerical duties - maintaining calendars, website, membership paperwork, etc.
Bring in new members
- Warmly welcome and tour the space with prospective members, confidently representing the Hub
- Manage our website intake, email and phone inquiries
- Manage all Hub events, networking groups, open houses, etc., tracking logistics and promotion
Market the Hub
- Keep things lively on social media including Facebook, Instagram, and beyond
- Generate newsletters, press releases, public relations and promotions of all kinds
- Design marketing materials such as flyers, social media images, brochures, etc.
- Be the front-face of the Boulder Healing Hub, sharing the heart, vision, and history of the community with visitors
- Connect members with one another and serve as a member resource
- Create partnerships with local businesses, healers, artists & others to grow connections, support the broader community & add perks for members!
Maintain on-site environment
- Take care of the Hub environment - regularly watering plants, replenishing supplies, and beautifying as needed
- Sort mail and deliveries, run errands, respond to immediate member needs, etc.
- Provide 24hr emergency availability, and extra coverage for when other team members are out of town
skills you'll neeD:
- Multitasking chops & detail orientation - careful and thorough tracking/organizing/managing various tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - strong grammar and creative expression
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision - self-guided troubleshooting and problem solving
- Authentic hospitality - ability to make members feel comfortable and supported while fostering connections
- Comfort with healthy confrontation - friendly with good boundaries, confident working with diverse personalities
- Excellent time management - ability to work quickly and efficiently without distraction
- Appreciation for beauty - generating a lovely, comfortable, and well cared for wellness environment
- Comfort with technology - at ease learning new software platforms and strong computer savvy
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google spreadsheets, Google calendars, etc., as well as Xcel spreadsheets
- Experience using Canva (or other design software) and Squarespace (or other website software) helpful
- Experience in hospitality, building management, project management, business operations, and/or sales preferred
- Previous experience in a coworking environment and/or the healing arts a strong plus
- High school education or GED equivalent / Must be at least 21 years old (to purchase alcohol for events)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, reliable transportation
- Must be available for emergencies on an on-call basis, in addition to regular hours
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, wellness focused culture and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please answer these four questions:
1) Do you live in Boulder, CO?
2) Why is this management position at the Boulder Healing Hub interesting to you?
3) Which aspects of this position are right up your alley, and which parts are less so?
4) What is one possible in-house event you would enjoy planning that would benefit our Hub members?
(No calls, please.) We are receiving many applications so we will send you a response if we would like to continue the process.
Thank you so much.