OVERVIEW OF POSITION -
COMMUNITY & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Boulder Healing Hub is a thriving healing arts coworking community and event center that houses self-employed psychotherapists, massage therapists, and various other kinds of holistic health practitioners in a beautiful shared office environment. We are looking for a talented, passionate, and outgoing individual who will be the heart and soul of the Hub community, joining us in our expanding vision.
Managing the Boulder Healing Hub is a multi-tasking, high people skills, proactive and creative vocation for someone with a positive outlook and an aptitude for hospitality, marketing, organization, and aesthetics. We want an innovative and forward-thinking team member who can gracefully and creatively juggle a wide-range of on-site and back office tasks. This is a perfect position for someone who loves people -- isn't afraid to get their hands dirty or learn new things -- is detail-oriented and can also see what's coming a mile away -- isn't afraid of confrontation and holding boundaries -- can chat with anyone from any background -- and loves the world of wellness and new models of collaborative business.
TIME COMMITMENT: 40 hrs/week - or 20/hrs/week, depending on skill set
(We will consider hiring two part-time managers instead of one full-time manager - creating distinct Community Manager and Operations Manager positions - depending on the applicants.)
LOCATION: Work on-site at the Boulder Healing Hub
SCHEDULE: Regular business hours with some flexibility, alternative hours during special events, and on-call availability for emergencies
COMPENSATION: Based on qualifications
what you'll do:
- Be the front-face of the Boulder Healing Hub, sharing the heart, vision, and history of the community with visitors
- Connect members with one another and serve as a member resource
- Create partnerships with local businesses, healers, artists, makers, farms & others to grow connections, support the broader community & add perks for members!
Bring in new members
- Manage our website intake, email and phone inquiries
- Warmly welcome and tour the space with prospective members, answering all questions about Hub operations
- Create member surveys and feedback to continually improve the overall Hub experience
Grow a lively events program
- Manage all Hub events, classes, open houses, etc., tracking logistics and promotion
- Host on-site and off-site talks, happy hours, lunch sessions, and parties!
- Establish the Healing Hub as a Boulder area resource for event rentals
Market the Hub
- Generate newsletters, press releases, public relations and promotions of all kinds
- Keep things lively on social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and beyond
- Design marketing materials such as flyers, social media images, brochures, etc.
Oversee business operations
- Maintain continuity and clear communication amongst team members by documenting and communicating actions, incidents, and continuing needs
- Use management software for billing, invoicing, office reservations, etc.
- Perform general administrative and clerical duties - maintaining calendars, website, membership paperwork, etc.
Maintain on-site environment
- Take care of the Hub environment - regularly watering plants, replenishing supplies, and beautifying as needed
- Sort mail and deliveries, run errands, respond to immediate member needs, etc.
- Provide 24hr emergency availability, and extra coverage for when other team members are out of town
skills you'll neeD:
- Natural hospitality & extroversion - ability to make members feel comfortable and supported while fostering connections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - strong grammar and creative expression
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision - self-guided troubleshooting and problem solving
- Comfort with healthy confrontation - friendly with good boundaries, confident working with diverse personalities
- Multitasking chops and detail orientation - careful and thorough tracking/organizing/managing various tasks at once
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently - excellent time management
- Appreciation for beauty - generating a lovely, comfortable, and well cared for wellness environment
- Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google spreadsheets, Google calendars, etc., as well as Xcel spreadsheets
- Experience using Canva (or other design software) and Squarespace (or other website software)
- Experience in hospitality, building management, project management, business operations, and/or sales preferred
- Previous experience in a coworking environment and/or the healing arts a strong plus
- High school education or GED equivalent / Must be at least 21 years old (to purchase alcohol for events)
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, reliable transportation
- Must be available for emergencies on an on-call basis, in addition to regular hours
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, wellness focused culture and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please answer these questions:
1) Are you interested in a full-time or part-time position?
2) Do you live in Boulder, CO?
3) Why is being a manager at the Boulder Healing Hub interesting to you?
4) Which aspects of this position are right up your alley, and which parts are less so?
5) What is one event you would enjoy planning that would benefit local health and wellness practitioners?
(No calls, please.) We are receiving many applications so we will send you a response if we would like to continue the process.
Thank you so much.